Here is a list of selected publications. Trainee names underlined.
1. Prashad AJ, Cameron BH, McConnell M, Rambaran M, Grierson LEM. An examination of Eyal & Hurst’s (2008) framework for promoting retention in resource-poor settings through locally-relevant training: A case study of the University of Guyana Surgical Training Program. Canadian Medical Education Journal, 8(2), Special Issue, 25-36.
2. Grierson LEM, Roberts JL, Welsher A. The effect of modeled absolute timing variability and relative timing variability on observational learning. Acta Psychologica, 176, 71-77, 2017.
3. Welsher A, Grierson LEM. Enhancing technical skill learning through interleaved mixed-model observational practice. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 1-11. doi:10.1007/s10459-017- 9759-0
4. Elliott D, Hansen S, Lyons J, Roberts J, Grierson LEM, Bennett S, Hayes S, Burkitt J. The multiple process model of goal-directed reaching revisited. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 72, 95-110, 2017.
5. Baird J, Bracken K, Grierson LEM. The relationship between perceived preceptor power use and student empowerment during clerkship rotations: A study of hidden curriculum. Medical Education, 50, 785-788, 2016.
6. Grierson LEM, Fowler N, Kwan MWY. A Theory of Planned Behaviour Evaluation of Family Medicine Resident Practice Intentions. Canadian Family Physician, 61(11), e524-e531, 2015.
7. Domuracki K, Wong A, Olivieri L, Grierson L. The Impact of Observing Flawed and Flawless Demonstrations on Clinical Skill Learning. Medical Education, 49, 186-192. 2015.
8. Schabort I, Mercuri M, Grierson L. Predicting international medical graduate success on college certification examinations. Responding to the Thomson and Cohl judicial report on IMG selection. Canadian Family Physician, 60, 478-484. 2014.
9. Grierson L. Information processing, specificity of practice, and the transfer of learning: Considerations for reconsidering fidelity. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 19, 281-289. 2014.
10. Grierson L. Revising the Tortoise. Medical Education, 48, 461-462. 2014.
11. Grierson L, Ohson S, Lyons J. The relative influence of movement kinematics and extrinsic object characteristics on the perception of lifted weight. Attention, Perception & Psychophysics, 1-8. 2013.
12. Kulasegaram KM, Grierson L, Norman GR. The role of deliberate practice and innate ability in expertise: evidence and implications. Medical Education, 47(10), 979-989. 2013.
13. Grierson L, Lyons J, Dubrowski K. Gaze down endoscopic practice leads to better novice performance on gaze up displays. Medical Education, 47(2):167-172. 2013.
14. Norman GR, Dore KL, Grierson L. The Minimal relation between simulation Fidelity and transfer of learning. Medical Education, 46(7):636-47. 2012.
15. Grierson L, Barry M, Kapralos B, Carnahan H, Dubrowski A. The role of collaborative interactivity in the observational practice of clinical skills. Medical Education, 46(4):409-416. 2012.